Wednesday, October 18, 2006

At least I have my drugs...

It’s a sad day when you realize that someone means a whole lot more to you than the other way around.

When there’s stuff happening, earth shattering stuff, and you never hear a thing, despite having seen the person.

When you’ve reached out over and over, and had chalked it up to an inability to talk about personal things.

…and to being too busy.

But there are holidays, and time off work, and weekends, and the telephone, and e-mail.

Maybe I should have clued in to only a couple get-togethers each year. But there’s a really stressful job, and school. Once again… I thought - too busy.

But there are visits, games, vacation, and lonely time, but still none for me.

I’m more alone than I thought.

3 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger billie said...

don't feel bad. i am fairly solitary too. can't tell you how many times i have used white out in the address book- which has become a glorified holder for names for the oligatory family christmas cards. i have even recently deleted email addresses from folks who never write. before anyone suggests that i make the first move- that is precisely why these folks got excised- it was a one way street. i would rather be alone than seem desperate for relationships that are all give and no reciprocity. the only mail i get are bills and the only emails i get are from folks i have met on my blog. do you suppose i am an anti social person? i can't be bothered anymore.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Boo said...

I can't say I mind being an introvert. I think its the thought that there are so few people I can call when I'm in need.

You're right though. Its gets old really fast when you're always the one reaching out and making the first move.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Pete said...

I feel the same way Boo. Everyone is so full of social appearance that few seem to communicate about serious things.

Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home