Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Fluffy stuff...


Once again, I’ll veer away from the usual death and destruction.

I’ve finally got pictures of the latest work on my tatts. Only one more appointment and my leg will be finished. Well, that part of it anyway. :) For now.

I’ll add the photo of what’s on my back too – I don’t think I ever posted it. A friend of mine asked to post it on her blog some time ago and that’s what got me thinking about blogging in the first place. The space between the two back tatts will be filled in – that’s the next project.

If there’s one thing that’s certain, tattoos are becoming more mainstream. That hasn’t changed a lot of people’s opinions about them. There’re just more people to frown at now. Hubby, when my larger/multiple kind of work started, used the phrase “circus freak”. Of course, I disagree. Heavily tattooed people are aplenty… And I’m vindicated now, because he got one! Took me a year to talk him into it – but I prevailed.

I’m not stupid though. I wore pants the first few months of work (I hate skirts anyway), and kept my collars high. Once my boss got to know me, my work ethic, intelligence, etc. I was more inclined to let them hang out. There are several people at work who have them, but maybe only one like me (and he’s male and a tech, while I’m mgmt.). I’ve become a bit of a novelty around here – everyone’s always asking if I’ve had more work done. And I know my boss’ opinion of me didn’t change at all. Somehow, I think I’d have been less likely to get this position if they’d been showing at my interview, but now it just doesn’t matter.

There are limits. Even for me. But it’s an expression… and its art. I don’t get the fuss. I suppose people still associate it with nasty biker dudes or something. And don’t bother asking about when I’m 80, because when I’m 80 (if I get that far), I’m not going to give a s—t about them. I certainly won’t be wearing open back dresses and the like. And my support hose will cover up my leg. :) It took me a really long time to decide what I wanted, my fondness for fauna and flora is lifelong, so what’s the big deal? Even hubby likes them now…

6 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Blogger Pete said...

They look very attractive Boo - especially on your healthy skin.

Pete

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Boo said...

Why thank you Pete... gotta love PhotoShop (just kidding)... only 3 weeks until my next dose of tattoo therapy...

:)
Boo

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger billie said...

they truly are art. i think people have aversions to tattoos because they are for the most part- permanent. let's face it- it used to be dodgy folks or military folks getting tattoos- and mostly men. i don't think people should just get them willy nilly- they should put some thought into them. many folks don't. it does make a difference in the workplace- but i don't think as much as it used to. yours are truly lovely and your tattoo artist is truly an artist.

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I know it's not far from your mind, but this is a fluffy post, I give you an eBaum's World comic - http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/endofworld.html

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Boo said...

thanks betmo, from myself AND Julie...

neeroc - keep 'em coming... *g*

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

The problem I have with tats is the glut of cliche images. Your designs are refreshing in their uniqueness. Good stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home