Friday, November 03, 2006

The Great Pumpkin

FINALLY have the pics of some of my pumpkins... here are this year's:
Anyone recognize Iron Maiden's "Eddie"???

The vampire pattern came from a website, the pumpkin lady I think... it turned out really good - the angle I took the pic at seems to be just right...





Last year's pics are really dark, the "eyes" were along my windowsill and the tree below. There was another - a pirate skull - but the pic didn't turn out.

I did two the year before, a gargoyle and a haunted house... I had to take pics of pics, and they weren't good to begin with... I got the house anyways.

And last, but not least, the pumpkin that my team won our office's carving contest with. We got the idea from a pic I got in an e-mail... the sheet metal and nails were our little addition (two of our team were machinists). Little did I know how competitive our office can be!! It was really fun - and we did it in 35 minutes!! Now if I can just get hubby to spring for a dremel, next year's will be REALLY awesome!

6 Comments:

At 2:00 AM, Blogger roman said...

WOW, very creative, indeed. The last one looks like one of the M&M characters from TV commercials.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Pete said...

I never knew pumpkins were such a developed artform. We had kids knocking on our door for sweets on H night. Sadly we had none so we gave them a 50 each.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Boo said...

Pete... how could you not have candy??? Shame on you!!

I think we had over 200 kids here - seems like there's more every year, it's more fun than Xmas...

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Pete said...

Speaking of Halloween as a big occasion - tomorrow is the second HUGEST day of the Australian Calendar - Melbourne Cup Day.

Where the Nation, inebriated as one, does not stop for a moment's silence but screams at horses running round and round a race track.

My picks are Tawqeet (the odds on favourite) and Yeats (good odds and a darn good poet).

Pete

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger nancycle said...

Wonderful Pumpkins Boo!

Yet another Elvis sighting...

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger Pete said...

Hows it going Boo?

Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home