Monday, May 08, 2006

Tired, sick, and disgusted.


How do ya like them apples?

Tired because I popped out of bed at 5:30 this morning (what the hell?), sick with some kind of summer bug (my throat is raw), and disgusted at the Senators who just lost ANOTHER game.

Y'know, if they played all the time like they did the last 10 minutes of the game, we'd have Cup's stacked to the rafters. What is it with these guys??? Sheesh.

So the car is finally in for service. I got a rental, its a Malibu Maxx... kind of a station wagon. White. Geez - like this...kinda.

I mean, I said I wanted something with a V6 (I was imagining a Ford Focus or a Neon or something and I had to nick that in the bud)... this is what they give me. THEN, I'm heading home, and I step on the gas to get by someone and, holy fuck, I'm practically thrown back in the seat!!!! This car is a rocket!! Better than the Grand Am they gave me before (well, its an '06 too). So I started off feeling like a friggin' soccer mom and wound up with a very evil grin on my face wondering where I could go for the evening. Somewhere far. Quickly.
Muah - ha - ha - ha - ha...

Of course, I didn't. But it was a good thought.

: )

Wow, my computer really isn't cut out for this. I'm going to have to put "new 'puter" on my list of needs. The time it takes to do anything??? I'm gray enough...

On a sadder note, a 90-year-old blind man was attacked in his home by 4 men yesterday. They just walked in his back door, started beating him with an axe handle, demanding money. They left him tied up in the basement. Fortunately, his son found him. This happened IN MY NEIGHBOURHOOD!!! Like its not bad enough being on my own so much. Now I'm peering out the back window before I let the dog out afraid there'll be someone waiting to rush in.

Too. Damn. Much.

Now, we DO have a shotgun. BUT, due to this country's restrictions, by the time I got it unlocked, put together, loaded, and chambered a round, well... I'd be dead. And pepper spray is illegal. I should get some "bear deterrent spray". They have it at MEC.
"weapon, officer??? no no no - this was for camping - it just happened to be next to the bed."

What kind of person does it take to beat an old man and basically leave him to die? I grew up in this city. This shit didn't happen. People were NICE, and GOOD. Its making small town living and commuting seem somewhat more appealing.

Okay, to lighten up and exit on a "cute and cuddly" note... I want one of these. Anyone who knows me, will get why. And I checked, this is NOT an altered photo. They sell these suckers in Kingston!!! Isn't he beautiful???

4 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger nancycle said...

That's awful about your neighbour. How AWFUL!!!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Boo said...

I don't know exactly where in the neighbourhood he lives - maybe across Bank? - but its still too close for comfort.

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger nancycle said...

sigh...well...at least the car goes like snot. Take me for a ride????

:-D

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Boo said...

Mmmmmm - car's gone back (we can ride in MY sexy car if you want...)
And he lives 2 STREETS OVER

 

Post a Comment

<< Home