Monday, August 14, 2006

Expression in other ways

Well, for my birthday hubby took me shopping at the local art supply store. Among other things, he bought me the biggest set of the best coloured pencils you can buy (120 in a wood case - almost $200!!).

Sooooo - I just had to jump in. I took a pic of my first piece with the new supplies. The colour didn't come out quite right in the photo but I don't feel like waiting until tomorrow to take one in daylight. Maybe I'll change it later...

Update: new pic... much better colour.



I think I've been looking at it too long to be able to see if there's actually any depth there. It's amazing what you can do with coloured pencils. I'm learning some pretty neat techniques. I'm going to do a portrait of the dog once I'm a little more comfy with them. I haven't used any of the new paper yet either... I'm just not ready. It would be so cool to do this full time, but it seems to take something away from it.

So the weekend started great, but I've been sick the last two days. Its funny, I was having allergies (which I've never had so severely before), and realized that chills, coughing, and the like aren't really allergy symptoms. My stuffy nose is keeping me up so I tried to get some extra rest today but I really have to get to work tomorrow.

I've decided I'm not going to the usual haunts today. I watched enough news. Tonight, I'll be oblivious, admire my picture, read my book, and hopefully sleep. Hubby's on the road all week. I miss him but at least no guilt if I snore again!

Some days, you just have to shut it all out. Call me "ostrich".

Hugs all... and g'night.

3 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger billie said...

there is depth. it is lovely. looks just like the iris i have here in the spring- but different color. i know what you mean about sleep- but i am not sick. i just have inconsiderate people living above me. sigh.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Boo said...

That's too bad bet... we're really fortunate. We own a townhouse, there's a family of six on one side who are really awesome and suprisingly quiet, and a small family on the other side, who are musicians but who told us as soon as we moved in that we could call anytme if they're too loud.

All the same, there's a bungalow in my not too distant future I think... :D

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pic Boo, what did you use for a model or was it from your melon? I'm so envious.

As for the bungalow, it really is the way to go. Hubby wants to go back to a compartment, but I need my space.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home