Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I guess I owe an update...

So I’ve just had the most tiring 7 days in as long as I can remember, it’s 12:00 am, and I’m wide friggin awake. Go figure.

My pooch has been ill. She has a swollen disk in her back and its pushing up against her spinal cord, pinching countless nerves and causing a great deal of pain. I’m really not up to going into the details, suffice it to say, I got the “she’s suffering” speech a couple times this weekend. Which led to mucho tears. At any rate, I think she’s on the mend now, slowly, but on the right track.

I’ve been working at home a great deal; the dog has to be carried around to keep her off stairs and to keep her from jumping on and off of furniture. I think she’s getting used to my position as slave labour. Hubby’s been away most of it too…

My boss heads off to New Zealand for two weeks holidays starting Thursday. Lucky bitch. I mention it because that’s added considerable stress to the situation – trying to get things wrapped up and/or reviewed before she goes so I know what to do while she’s away. While trying to stay home as much as possible with the dog. Not to mention several meetings I’ll be attending in her absence.

I’m thrilled for all my Yankee buddies down there that the Dems came through. Actually, thrilled for the rest of the world too.

I’m also pleased to see our Environment Minister getting bashed over in Kenya at the climate change summit/conference. I hope that pushes our gov’t to make their “Clean Air” strategy a little better. A lot better.

Lastly, I got my wish last night, as the candidate I supported for Mayor of Ottawa won by a landslide. Now, lets all hope he doesn’t make me eat my vote, so to speak.

Looks like Blogger's really pushing beta, hmm? Great, one more thing to do.

3 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, Blogger billie said...

sorry about the pup. what is up with you all ditching the environmental summit? i thought only america didn't find it important.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger Boo said...

i need to go bitchslap our PM - its the only thing he's pissing me off about. they're saying we couldnt have met the target- its more about the Alberta oil sands, he's from out there, its a huge $maker, and an even bigger polluter...

happy to report pup is on the mend

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger SadButTrue said...

FYI: Blogger beta sucks. If you must try it out, make up a new email address to register under, and a different username. Else you could lose your existing blog.

Syncrude oil produces vastly more greenhouse gases than traditional sources, consumes huge quantities of natural gas, and devastates the muskeg environment.

The High Cost of the Oil Sands

 

Post a Comment

<< Home