Wednesday, November 15, 2006

I just can't let this go...

Back in mid-October I blogged about losing a friend. Or finding out I didn’t have as good of one as I thought to begin with.

This has really been plaguing me. Every time I read her blog and heard about all these fun things she was doing and all her free time, it ripped my heart out. I felt like I’d been thrown to the curb. So don’t read her damn blog, right?

I know, I know, but this is my best friend we’re talking about here. I don’t get it. Maybe I’m being punished for some slight that I didn’t realize I’d made? I recall many many moons ago she stopped talking to me and it took years for me to find out it was because I spent too much time with my new boyfriend and neglected her. I don’t know. I certainly don’t want to start pointing fingers and bashing anyone.

I’m just so g-d hurt. I love her. And I miss her. And I just don’t understand why she doesn’t want me to be a part of her life.

I've tried. I've e-mailed. I've called. I've made invitations. I've tried to become part of her usual 'group'. Nothing works.

Now I'm just sad.

5 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger nancycle said...

((((( HUGS )))))

That sucks.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't be sure if you are looking for a solution, or just a stream to vent?Does your friend even reconize your efforts, is there issues from the past that may be bothering her about you?

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Boo said...

anon-I think I'm just venting, maybe looking for some understanding from others... I believe my efforts are recognized, but that they're low on the priority list - so low that they get forgotten - which is why I'm upset, I thought I was more important than that.

We've had problems in the past, but nothing we haven't now worked through/put behind us. We're not kids anymore. She just doesn't seem willing anymore to make time for me, or share what's happening in her life.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Boo said...

thanks for the hugs Nan... they're most welcome.

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger billie said...

been there done that. sorry for your loss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home